The safety and well-being of our guests and our team are our absolute priority. To help meet the challenges of Covid-19 we have instigated a package of measures that we hope will ensure the safety and peace of mind of everyone
We understand that many things are different right now. But we are still the same Lifton Hall we have always been. Our beds are still comfy. We are still serving some great food and drink in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
Our welcome is still warm
Our whole team is geared up to serve you safely, look after their own safety – and to make sure that you have an enjoyable and relaxing time at Lifton Hall.
Please bear with us as we all adapt to the “new normal” of hospitality life
Book with confidence
We understand that because of Covid-19 things sometimes change. When you book a room directly with us, you can cancel without penalty up until 48 hours before arrival.
Please contact us if you have booked via an agent, with a deal or if you have to cancel within 48 hours of arrival. We can discuss the options open to you.
Please do not come if you have any of the symptoms of Covid-19, or if you have been in contact with anyone who has symptoms.
Extra clean rooms
Our rooms have always been very clean, but we have enhanced procedures, paying particular attention to high-touch areas. We are also sanitising each room between guests. We are also trying to leave 72 hours between bookings.
We have removed some of the non-essential items from each room, such as some soft-furnishings and leaflets.
We are not a large hotel, so it is unlikely that you will bump into people in the corridors. You may want to consider wearing a face mask when arriving/leaving your room, as it may not be possible to maintain 2m distance in all areas.
To help make check-in quick and contactless, please be ready to provide:
- names of all guests
- card details to be used for check-out payment
- an email address
- car registration.
When you arrive, please:
- use the front door – from the car park
- ring the bell on reception
- use the hand sanitiser.
- You will be asked to book a 10 minute slot – this helps us to reduce contact
- We are encouraging guests to pre-order their breakfast – although it’s not essential
- Your room name will be on the table
- We have removed the buffet element of our breakfast – everything will be provided by your server.
Evening meals and the bar
We are operating table service only. Please let us know if you would like to book a table. See details under ‘Bar & Restaurant Customers’ – above right.
To help reduce contact and protect you and our staff, we are keeping housekeeping to a minimum during your stay. Each morning, the housekeeper will:
- top-up teas/coffees and provide clean mugs
- remove used crockery/cutlery
- empty full bins.
The housekeeper will not make your bed or fold towels. We are happy to replace towels left in the shower or bath – but ask you to think twice!
When you are ready to pay, please ring the bell on reception. For a contactless check-out, our booking system can take payment using the card details you supplied when booking or at check-in. You will be sent a receipt by email.
Drop your key in the box – and have a safe journey.
BAR, RESTAURANT & AFTERNOON TEA CUSTOMERS
Booking is essential – call 01566 784863. There is no bar service. Everything is table service.
To help with social distancing, we have removed some tables and spaced everything out. We can’t achieve 2m distancing between all our tables, but there is at least 1m. We have tried to position tables so that you will not be facing another group.
Your table will be sanitised before you arrive. We have also enhanced our cleaning routines to meet government guidance.
Your server will attend to all your needs, while keeping contact to a minimum.
Where possible, please pay by card.
For ‘Track & Trace’ the lead booker’s name and phone number will be kept for 21 days.
Who can come:
- max 2 households per table – inside or outside
- mixed household groups allowed outside – max 6 people who should remain 2m apart where possible, or at least 1m apart, taking steps to reduce transmission – such as face masks.
Please let us know if you intend to bring a dog with you so we can make sure you get the right table.
Please do not come if you:
- have any of the symptoms of Covid-19
- have been in contact with anyone with symptoms.
On arrival, please:
- use front door – from the car park
- all arrive together
- stick to your time slot – we are spacing arrival times
- ring bell on reception and wait to be taken to a table
- use the hand sanitiser.
While at Lifton Hall, please:
- maintain social distancing – do not interact with any other tables
- wash your hands
- use the hand sanitisers placed around the building
- follow the guidance you are given
- respect other people’s space.